Chigwell Road Reuse and Recycling Centre
You must now take proof of identity
when you visit a reuse and recycling centre.
0800 389 9918
Weekdays 7.30 am – 4.30 pm
Weekends and Bank Holidays 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Closed Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day
Please click here
for Christmas and New Year openings 2012.
Your nearest RRC:
Chigwell Road Reuse and Recycling Centre (RRC) is in the London Borough of Redbridge. See map below, or click here for RRCs in: Barking and Dagenham
There are two categories of waste that can be taken to the RRC:
It is free of charge for residents of (host borough plus the others) to deposit household waste on site in reasonable amounts. Please ensure you bring either a council tax bill or a driving licence as proof of address - no other documentation
will be accepted.
Any waste from building, renovation or DIY work
is not classed as household waste. You will need to get permission from Redbridge Council before taking it to the RRC.
* * *
Please note that trade refuse is not accepted
at this RRC. Staff on site might ask to look the waste you wish to deposit – this is to prevent the site being used for this type of refuse. Trade refuse can be taken to the Jenkins Lane site (also run by Shanks East London) on the junction with the A406 and the A13. Click here
to find out more about taking trade refuse to Jenkins Lane.
View Local Recycle Centres in a larger map
Materials we accept for reuse and recycling:
|Glass bottles and jars
|Food and drinks cans
|Hardcore and rubble
|Soil and sand
|Washing machines and dryers
|Wood and timber
|Shoes and textiles
|Used engine oil
|Tetra Pak waxed cartons
||Televisions and monitors
- We can accept certain gas bottles and cylinders - please contact Shanks on the number above for details.
We can accept Asbestos, though proof of address is needed – please contact Shanks on the number above for details.
Staying safe on site:
- If you need help, please ask our staff.
- Wear strong shoes and suitable clothing.
- Remember the speed limit on site is strictly 5 miles per hour.
- Be careful when walking around site, particularly when carrying things.
- Carry heavy items with care.
- Please ensure children and pets are in the car when you are loading.
- Please wrap up sharp items very carefully and wear gloves when carrying them.
- Please use the step and do not throw things.
Shanks will not tolerate violent and threatening behaviour towards our staff and will call the police and ban offenders from the RRC.